A time tested method whereby audience is sought with a spiritually enlightened compassionate loving other by the shamanic practitioner on behalf of the client, in order to request (by direct revelation/oracle means) the answer to a given question.
Mediumship is understood to be a partnering of human host (e.g. shamanic practitioner) and spiritual ally that can facilitate healing,wisdom and knowledge.
The greatest spiritual healers of our time are mediums. Many of the greatest artists, musicians, counsellors, oracles and mediators of our time are mediums. And it is without dispute that the greatest shamans and medicine people of our time practice mediumship, for it is a key underpinning of shamanic traditions the world over.
- Spirit Embodiment:   (requires that you attend in person) Is when the shamanic practitioner allows themselves to be possessed (voluntarily)and in that (merged) state the client can ask of them their question.
- The Divination Journey:   (lends itself beautifully to using the distance method of by proxy) Is when a question is given to the shamanic practitioner to journey with behalf of the client.
Difference between the Mediumship Session and Divination Journey.
- Spirit Embodiment: the shamanic practitioner (in the presence of the client), in conjunction with their divinatory ally, brings forward an     interpreted account,in answer to the clients question.
- The Divination Journey: is carried out by the shamanic practitioner, on behalf of the client, all insights are typically relayed to the     practitioner in metaphor for the client to interpret.
What distinguishes between the way that a shamanic practitioner works versus say a spiritual medium?
- The distinguishing factor is that after the question has been answered, the shamanic practitioner can then ask if there is work that can     be done to attend the basis e.g. the root cause, that brought about the asking of the question by the client in the first place.
Shamanic treatment may well be suggested in order to address the (oft unconscious) basis/root cause that prompted the question being        asked in the first place.
Spirit Embodiment Method:
- All of my ally(s) words will pass directly through me, to you.
- All words will have their origin in him (a loving compassionate, enlightened being).
- There will be moments of stillness whilst I listen to what he is saying / or paying attention to what is being shown to me     (so please dont speak).
- Nothing will be spoken that could be held in a hurtful or harmful way to any future footstep(s) that you (the client) may choose to take.
- Everything uttered (by my divination ally) will come from the heart, a place of love and compassion.     He knows that the human enjoys their drama, but this will not be offered by him, only wisdom.
I would add that from experience my divination/medium ally brings forward only what you have a
need to knowand not what you
think you want to hear.
Divination Journey Method:
Divination outcomes shared with you represent MY EXPERIENCE at an energetic level, typically metaphorical in format and consequently is NOT INTENDED to be viewed by you within a literal context.
The beauty of the metaphor is that it is UNIQUE TO YOU! Only you have the key with which to accurately interpret the wisdoms being offered to you. Metaphoric interpretation encourages a self-reflection process, revealing ever deeper layers of insight and understanding on your part, on what is being brought forward FOR YOUR attention.
- I will ask (of my divination ally) if there is work that can be done, to attend the basis e.g. the root cause that brought about the     asking of the question in the first place.
My Shamanic Blog has several examples for you to look at.